Friday, May 13, 2011

(KG) For the love of Sunflowers (Part I)

Project objective(s):
- Create your sunflower by using construction paper, wax paper and poster board paper
- Compare the texture of wax paper with that of water color paper
- Find ways to create textures


Mixing tempera paint with water colors to paint the background paper.


We used printing tools to create original designs.


Working on the background paper.


Include some clay pieces to add texture.


 Shades of blue.


It does feel different painting on wax paper.


Use scissors to create different sizes of petals.


Holding the paper with one hand and painting with the other.


Pink and yellow sunflower.


4 comments:

  1. beautiful - a sunflower never lets us down

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it! I adore texture and collage...these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blogger had some issues letting me post comments. The comments were not visible in the dashboard.I found the comments in my email but I was not able to publish them.

    And so...

    I did a copy/paste of the two comments.

    One is from Rebecca at http://theeclecticillustrator.blogspot.com/

    Love it, love it! I adore texture and collage...these are beautiful!

    The second comment came from Hope Hunter Knight at http://dolvinartknight.blogspot.com/

    beautiful - a sunflower never lets us down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very sophisticated for Kindergarten- well done!

    ReplyDelete