Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Elements of Art (Review)

This cat project demonstrated our understanding of how to use the elements of art in an effective way.
Students used a variety of materials (pencils, color pencils, colorful sharpies, brushes, and water colors)
in order to exhibit a variety of lines, shapes, colors, textures, and patterns. Students were advised to include at least two elements in their compositions. 

    We also had a discussion on how science has elements such as hydrogen, carbon, and oxygen; Literature has settings, characters, and plots; and music has elements such as rhythm, melody, harmony, and tempo.  

























































15 comments:

  1. Bravissimi! Splendidi lavori,gatti magnifici! I tuoi ragazzi sono molto bravi!
    Complimenti a te e felice settimana!!Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting and fun work, I really liked this project cat, beautiful lines and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Passei para conhecer o seu trabalho.
    Muito bonito, colorido e bem elaborado... amei!
    ¸.•°✿✿⊱彡
    Boa semana!
    ¸.•°✿✿⊱彡Beijinhos¸╭⊰✿¸.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Χριστός Ανέστη!!Χρόνια πολλά!!! I love your beautiful, colourful cats!!Congratulations to the students and the great teacher!!Nice to see your beautiful artwork again for me my friend!! Kisses from Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola, muchas gracias por tu comentario, tambien veo que siguen los niños haciendo un buen arte... va en la distancia un cordial saludo, Rodisi

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to see all that "art thinking" and decision making students are putting into their works of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful and interesting art works !!!
    Have a nice new week !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your cross-reference to other subjects. These cats are magical. I love looking at them.
    Xxx
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, very interesting and exquisite compositions, this gorgeous inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice cat!!! I put it on my facebook page!!
    Hello my friend! Greetings from Greece!
    Lampros

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so sweet and colourful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This art project is adorable. I love what all the different children came up with by using this simple idea. The cats are always my favorite.


    My homepage | Online PhD UK Programs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Os quedan preciosos.
    Gracias por compartir.
    Un saludo

    ReplyDelete
  14. The paintings are very nice as well as the science subject becomes interesting and funny for students to learn.

    My Blog | Tesol Certificate

    ReplyDelete