Saturday, December 3, 2011

(KG) Interpreting the work of Zhan Wang (Part II)


The kindergarten students had fun learning about the work of Zhan Wong. They were so impressed with the scale of his work and with great enthusiasm went to create their own aluminum sculptures.   
In our first session, we used water colors to paint the aluminum sheets.
In our second session, the students used a 3-dimensional object and wrapped the aluminum sheet around that object in order to create their sculpture.
In our third session, we  looked at the colorful digital photography of Leovi  Fotografia abstracta  and discussed how photography
can have a sculptural quality.

 






The artist Zhan Wang











Leovi


Leovi

Leovi








Zhan Wong





Zhan Wang



17 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for using my pictures in teaching your students, I love your work, very interesting also the art of Zhan Wang. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It 'important to develop children's creativity, congratulations for your work.

    ciao Gabriella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear kindergarten children!
    I am very impressed with what you are doing
    and sending a hug to all of you.
    Regards
    Mariann

    ReplyDelete
  4. The latter is really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a very original. I note. Thanks for sharing.

    Kisses / Besadetes

    ReplyDelete
  6. A dear friend
    I thank you for the good words you write to me every time, I joy that you love the work I do with children, it is important to give and get teachers to show in the blog.
    Good day
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you have integrated photography into this work. I have been thinking about doing something like this for a while, but hadn't yet formulated a real plan. You have helped me think about it in a new way. Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precioso e interesante, como todo lo que veo por su blog.
    Sigo visitándolo de cerca.
    Gran trabajo, de veras.

    Un saludo,
    Db.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo!!!It is a difficult theme!!!and you made a very successful work!!I love the photos of Leovi!!!they are fantastic!!! Kisses from Greece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog, and tomorrow 12/5 I am passing on the Liebster Award to you! http://bartz-mrszwahl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also congratulate you for your work with children.
    When I was ten, I went to the Picasso Museum, with school and everything changed for me since that day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great idea to cover with foil objects to create sculptures.

    ReplyDelete
  13. De nuevo paseo por su casa para seguir admirando arte...

    Un saludo cordial,
    Db.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is absolutely wonderful!! Thanks so much for your kind comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WonderfulWorks...ThankYouForSharing

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic!!! I love this site- so many great ideas for kids.

    ReplyDelete